1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Monitor problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kviki, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kviki

Kviki Thread Starter

Hello. I've got a problem:D. Let me say it like this. Let's say I have a black wallpaper, and that I have a window opened in Windows. Now to the right of that window's edges, there are white lines copying to the right. I'm not sure how to describe the effect, so i made an image in photoshop to describe it better. Note that the image is just an example, because the actual screenshot doesnt show the problem.

[​IMG]

Now. I figured out that when I move the power cable that is plugged in the monitor, the effect gets even worse or better. I also swapped the power cable of the monitor with the one that connects the power supply and the extension cord. At first the new cable worked without the damn effect. But now it's back. Help me please! ;)

Edit: And yes, my drivers are all up to date.

My specs:

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 5400+
    Graphics: GeForce 9600 GT 512MB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte, model GA-MA74GM-S2H
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 940NW (1440x900)

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Looks like Windows 7 ???? ... You might want to put the OS in your specs ... I'd call it Ghosting.
    Not sure if a Screen Shot grabs the picture going to .. (or after) .. the video card ...
    But it looks like a Monitor, Cable or a video card problem.
    I'd be checking the video cable connections

3. Kviki

Kviki Thread Starter

Hey there. Thanks for your reply. I have re plugged all of my monitor's cables. It seems like the problem is gone now, but I'm afraid it wont last forever. Anyway, thank you again for your reply, it was helpful! ;)

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Maybe some contact cleaning with Isopropyl Alcohol ??

5. Kviki

Kviki Thread Starter

Please explain what you meant, sorry I'm still learning English.

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Isopropyl Alcohol is a cleaner .. You can get it at any Drug Store ... You can also get spray contact cleaners

Samsung's Warranty is 3 years .. They're good at providing a Replacement.

Which Photoshop CS Version ??
    If you're going to be around here at TSG awhile .. You might want an animated Avartar

7. Kviki

Kviki Thread Starter

Hey again. Now I understand what you meant.:eek: Ill check out the isopropyl alcohol if I get the issue again. It seems like its working fine again after I re-plugged the cables. I guess I can't replace my monitor since the warranty is over anyway, and I don't think I'd need a replacement because my monitor seems to work perfectly, so it seems that its just a cable issue like you mentioned in your reply. Oh and, my PS version is CS5, I'm still a newbie at it . I know most of the buttons:D, and I don't know how to create an animated avatar. :) PM me if you can link me a good tut. Thanks for everything, goodbye for now!

8. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Isopropyl Alcohol will not effect plastic and is a good cleaner.

I have tons of Photoshop Tutorials (videos) .. But I've never seen anything about animating in PS
    Most of what I know was learned by Trial n Error.
    It would start with a picture that you'd want as an Avatar and one that you can imagine as a simple animation.

CS5 is great .. You can open an animated gif file and it will also get the Animated frames.
    It's basically a process of creating a layer for each animation frame...
    then telling each frame what layer is visable.

Attached Files:

• Clip.gif
      Clip.gif
      File size:
      178.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I thought about trying CS5's Puppet Warp on the attached for an animation ..
    But a TSG avatar is limited to 50x50 pixels and the detail won't show.
    65x65 if you've donated to support TSG

You teach me 3D .. and I'll teach you animation .. OK ??
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Kviki

Kviki Thread Starter

I see you have seen blender on my desktop :) I don't know how to 3D model. I've tried but I suck at it. It seems so hard when I see all of the buttons on the interface.:eek: I dont know what all these words mean like VERTEX KEYS and SHAPE KEYS, im so damn confused in it. :confused:

11. Kviki

Kviki Thread Starter

Hey, why dont you rather teach me how you made that orange guy? :)

12. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I have no Clue either.
    I saw that CS5 can work in 3D ... And that might be interesting, If I could find some Tutorials.
    I'm wondering what practical (fun) use it would be ??

13. Kviki

Kviki Thread Starter

Well then, if you find a good tut, and actually LEARN something about modelling from it, give me a message!

14. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I cheat occasionally ..
    I stole it from another forum .. downsized it .. Then made the background transparent.

Attached is one I made from scratch ... It should give a starting Idea
    The psd is in the attached zip ... Turn on the animation window.
    You have to save an animation .. "Save for Web and Devices"
    Lurk100.gif

15. Kviki

Kviki Thread Starter

Ah, thanks for this, now I get it. Hey, what about your avatar? Made that one from scratch aswell or have you just combined some images into the image of your avatar and made an animation?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/943211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice