Solved: Monitor Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brunoshandyman

Hi folks, I have a 27"hp monitor which is also used to watch tv on. Yesterday the colors started bleeding and it looks almost like when you start your comp in safe mode. I checked the resolution and its at 1920 x 1080 (default) . I use the dvi input from the comp and hdmi to the sat box. Is it possible that my monitor has some type of safe mode? Everything looks like a Leroy Neiman painting...thnx

Two things come to mind. Can you try your monitor on another computer? Do you have access to another monitor to try?

brunoshandyman

I took the 43" flatscreen from the den and hooked it to the computer and sat box, it works fine so it has to be in the monitor...

If this takes care of your problem, would you be so kind as to mark this Solved by clicking at top of page icon?

brunoshandyman

I appreciate the help but I only isolated the problem to the monitor, I was hoping someone might have seen this before or might know if it's even worth fixing if I have to bring it to a repair shop. I have some electronics background but none with LCD technology. So unless someone objects I'm going to leave it posted a bit longer. Thanks again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online