[Solved] monitor resolution

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zeke

My problem is that after reformatting my drive I cannot get good resolution on either one of my monitors. The drivers seem to be loaded but I can't get anything other than the standard resolution with either monitor. I checked the video card and it looks like it's working but I don't really know. Any ideas??

Max19

Account Disabled
Did you install the drivers for your specific video card?

Hello, zeke

Have you tryed using the upgrade feature

in the Device Manager

Good Luck

Hey,zeke

Or have you tryed this

boot to safe-mode and remove all your video/display adaptors and then boot back into normal windows to install your new drivers.

Drivers can be funny at times

Good Luck

Have you checked in system properties to see if you have just the one monitor you're supposed to have listed?

MyComputer... right click & go to properties... then device manager... then locate monitor & click the plus.... if you have more than one monitor listed you need to delete them all & reboot... that will give you the monitor back you need............

if there is only one...
have you updated the drivers for the monitor?

I know you said you did for the display adapter.

zeke

AAPlus, Thanks for the help. Your suggestion worked, I guess those drivers sometimes get a little screwed up from time to time. I think going to safe mode helped because I tried uninstalling in regular mode and that way didn't work but safe mode did. thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online