Solved: Monitor stuck on power save

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KGRtech

I have a Dell computer that is basically a back up computer and so it sits idle a lot. Used it a few weeks ago, and it was fine. Turned it on this morning and the screen is black. Pressing one of the small lights at the bottom of the monitor brings up the message, You are in Power save. Press any button or move your mouse to continue. Well, I did that and nothing happens. Have checked all wires. Everything seems fine. Please how do I get out of power save and bring the screen back to life?????

Hi KGR,

Sorry to hear about the monitor problem. Been there, contacted the manufacturer (in this case it was Acer). Their solution (and it worked!) was to literally unplug the monitor's power cord from the wall, and wait 30 seconds, then plug it back into the wall and powerup the monitor first, then boot the computer.

It didn't seem logically different to me, but physically unplugging from the power in the wall DID allow the monitor to reset.

Good luck, hope this works.

Rick

KGRtech

I tried this and it does not work. I am afraid that the whole computer is on power save, not just the monitor. It sounds normal when I push the on/off button, but then it does not go through the normal boot routine. It just gets quiet. Thus, the whole computer must be in power save. I guess this is going to be another trip to the computer repair shop.:(

KGRtech

Well, took the monitor and computer into the repair shop. They just called to say it is done. In the interim, I posted the question on the Dell Computer Forums, and they told me that it was a defective Monitor and nothing to do with the computer.

WRONG!!! The repairman says all he had to do was to re-set the RAM. (whatever that means LOL). Nothing whatsoever wrong with the monitor. No charge to me. Thank God!!!

So, if this happens to anyone else out there, this may be your answer too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts