1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Monitor very faint

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mslynn, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mslynn

mslynn Thread Starter

I'm looking at a Samsung 151V 15" LCD. I've plugged it into 3 computers now to make sure it's the monitor and not the card or such. The picture is there, but it is very, very faint. Lot's of straining to make it out. It flashes normal for half a second at start up and I can shine a flash light on it and see the screen. I have tried adjusting the various settings which is very difficult as you can't really see what you're doing at all. (the flashlight makes it a little easier) Any ideas on what the problem might be?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The backlight or the invertor is gone.

Its cheaper to get a new one then to have someone fix it for you. You can find 17" LCD's for around a $100.

3. mslynn

mslynn Thread Starter

That's exactly what I thought. It's nice when you get one right. Thanks for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/492970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice