1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: monitor won't display, not sure if computer is fully booting up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by terij3, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. terij3

terij3 Thread Starter

I have an Asus Essentio computer. It runs on Windows 7. The monitor lost connection with the computer, after the monitor had gone to sleep. I have restarted and replugged everything a couple times now. Now, I can't tell by listening whether the computer even boots up fully or not (or whether it's telling me that it wants permission to continue restarting). The monitor works fine when I connect it with other devices. I am on my laptop, because I can't see anything on the desktop. I know it isn't much to go on, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dougx789

Dougx789

Hi.
    Attach some speakers.. windows noise will tell you its fully booted

3. terij3

terij3 Thread Starter

There is no noise coming from speakers.

4. Dougx789

Dougx789

Are you using on-board graphics or do you have a dedicated graphics card?

5. airbrushguy

airbrushguy Banned

take side off case remove battery find cmos jumper on board remove and replace onto the middle pin and next pin over wait 10 seconds then place battery back in and move cmos jumper to its original position this should fix your issue here's your manual for detailed instructions to reboot you cmos http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=CM6730&os=8

6. terij3

terij3 Thread Starter

This worked! Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I was frustrated, because I couldn't see to do anything (including getting more accurate information to you all). God bless you all for your help. :)

7. airbrushguy

airbrushguy Banned

your very welcome ,remember that fix because it fixes most things it will save you listening to a lot of computer jargen on sites like this all its doing is resetting the board back to factory settings like a new one :)

8. terij3

terij3 Thread Starter

Will do. Thanks again.

9. Simba7

Simba7

Just be careful.. That also resets the system clock and some operating systems won't operate properly when the clock says "00:00 01/01/1980"

10. terij3

terij3 Thread Starter

I found that out, and reset it. Thanks for the heads up!:)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice