Solved: Monitors blink, crash, then say "no signal" when playing games!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EpicRawGuts

I mainly play LoL and Starcraft 2. But recently I can't get through a full game! A few minutes into each game my monitors turn black and (after scanning through each input) read "No Signal". The sound of the game stops and I can sometimes hear a faint buzz from the speakers. My computer continues to run but my monitor remains Signal-less!

I've been looking for a solution all day but cannot find any threads that match my situation exactly...I've checked driver updates (none), I've updated Windows (up to date), and I've defragmented my Hard drive! Nothing that I've done worked...

Specs:
-Windows 7
-Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ
-Asus p5G41T-M LX PLUS
-MK Power 650W PSU
-GeForce GT 430
-8GB RAM
-400GB HD
-Dual Monitor Acer 20'' 1600x900

I realize it's a dated rig...but I've never had these problems before...Could it be my PSU is too weak? or my GPU? or my monitors? I built this computer myself, my first one...worked good [for about a 1.5yrs] till now...PLEASE HELP ME!

I had a similar issue with my computer recently. The screens would just cut to black and say no signal. Eventually my pc wouldnt even restart afterwards. In my case it was my graphics card dying. If you have a spare graphics card its probably best to test that first. (You say monitors plural so im guessing more than one monitor has this problem which is why im not suggesting that the monitors are the issue)

EpicRawGuts

That's what I'm thinking...Either the graphics card or the power supply...however, I was pretty confident that these parts would be able to play my games, no problem...Any reason why they would stop working over time? Also, could it be that my graphics card isn't getting enough power?

Its possible. What card and power supply do you have?
Also theres always the chance like in my case that the graphics card has just started to get old and die. Its the circle of life ;)

My $.02 thought.. the PSU (650W)is a bit low for gaming these days. not sure what dual core rigs needed, but my old single AMD had a 530W psu in it to game.
my thought; If it's on the low end and getting weak, your GPU may be trying to pull more than it can give so it shuts down.

Or, have you looked at any dust buildup on your graphics card cooling fins/fan? (If it gets too hot it will shut down.)

Most likely a hardware issue. Try swapping video cards as already suggested, test out LoL and SC2 and let us know after some time playing if the issue persists

EpicRawGuts

Thanks for all your help guys! I did fix the problem, quite easily in fact! IDK whether it was resetting the RAM or deep cleaning my GPU but I can play though entire games without crashing! IDK if this is a temporary fix or not...but I'm glad I didnt have to drop another $100 or more on a new part! THANKS AGAIN!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online