1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Motherboard network card conflict w/modem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hep2000, Dec 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hep2000

hep2000 Thread Starter

I have a used computer with a motherboard that has a built in network adaptor. When I install the modem, Win ME tells me I succesfully installed the card, but the phone dialer tells me its in useby another resource.

I removed the network adaptor from the system profiles and AOL thinks I'm using TCP/IP adaptor when i use the modem detect.

I've downloaded the apropriate drivers for the modem and WinMe.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi hep2000, welcome to TSG....

Can you post a listing of your IRQs.....

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and press ok....go to hardware resources, IRQs, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.....sounds like something is trying to grab the same IRQ.....

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Received PM from user:

This is the message:

Thanks for replying to my post (for the modem). I ended up trying a different modem, who knew.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice