1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Motherboard not supporting 2 RAM's..?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bharath012, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bharath012

Bharath012 Thread Starter

Hey guys, I have ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS Motherboard.. Till now i was using 2GB RAM, thought of upgrading the RAM and bought 1 GB RAM, When i put the two RAM in 2 slots i won't get the display on the screen, but when i use a single RAM, i'll get the display,,,, Any solutions..?
    P.S both RAM works, when inserted one at a time.

My PC specs:
    Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
    ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS Motherboard.
    Intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.40 Ghz.
    2GB RAM..

2. DomCru

DomCru

It sounds like you either have a problem with the second slot, or the two modules are not compatible with each other.
    1. Can you try a single module in the second slot with the first one empty to ensure that works. You might find it's quite tight and needs extra pressure to install the module fully as this slot was previously unused.
    2. Providing the second slot works fine, can you provide the details of each module (including part#) as there might be some subtle difference not allowing them to boot together.

3. Bharath012

Both slots works fine, i have tested that, by placing RAM into both slots...
    Both the RAM are off different manufacturer....
    I'm sorry i don't know what module is, is it concerning about RAM or Motherboard slot...
    How to find out the module..?

4. DomCru

DomCru

Sorry, by module I meant memory module. The details should be written on the memory on a sticker. It should say something like PC2-6400U or similar but if you could just let us know everything written on the stickers on both modules, and also how many black chips are on each side of both modules hopefully that will help determine the issue

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  6. Bharath012

@ Flavalle
    This thread is about RAM, my old thread was about Video Card....?

7. hondafrank

hondafrank

The two sticks you have are not compatible.

8. Bharath012

@DomCru
    Thanks for the info, this time i'll try have same type of memory module RAM installed and see what happens..

Ok HondaFrank......

9. DomCru

DomCru

No problem Bharath012, hope that fixes it.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1000790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice