1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: motion lines on desktop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KGraj, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KGraj

KGraj Thread Starter

Not sure this is the correct place to post, as I don't know what the problem IS but it is brand new tonight. I noticed this after installing two Big FIsh demo games, playing a short time and uninstalling them. I think I have also cleaned out all files related to those two games from the registry. Then I rebooted.

Now, everything on my desktop has white motion lines on the right side. It looks similar to dragging a box across the screen that leaves a trail. I have checked my monotor settings, nothing there helps. Not sure what else I should do next, but this DOES seem related to the games. I did get a screen shot if someone needs to see that.

Any help will be appreciated. While waiting for any replies, I will run adaware and spybot AND clean out my cookies and temp files, which I do anyway several times a day.

Thank you.
    KGraj

2. KGraj

KGraj Thread Starter

update, now not sure games are related. Earlier I had opening screens on desktop hanging, or overlapping into a previous screen (new screen showed inside previous screen), and yesterday I uninstalled Windows Explorer 7 to resolve other issues, which that did. There have been no other changes to this computer other than those listed here. Thanks. :)

3. JeffM

JeffM

Demo games have been known to cause numerous problems on uninstall .I would suggest geting a decent Uninstaller ,such as "Your Uninstaller" or something similar. I have been using Microsoft since DOS days and there uninstaller has NEVER been up to scratch since Win95

4. KGraj

KGraj Thread Starter

HA!! Excellent idea! Thank you so much! I will get back here asap to let you know if this worked.

5. JeffM

JeffM

No problem , my friend.

6. KGraj

KGraj Thread Starter

Nothng I tried worked, not even JeffM's excellent suggestion. I reinstalled the two Big Fish games, and used Revo uninstaller to uninstall them, didn't help. I tried reinstalling my graphics drivers, there are no new ones available for the onboard nvidia 61x0 graphics..didn't help. What worked was unplugging the computer cable from the back of the monitor and plugging it back in.

Thinking of maybe replacing with a gold cable that will not corrode! I would recommend that anyone do this if they can afford to.

This is a great forum, thanks for your help, Jeff!

7. JeffM

JeffM

You are MOST welcome !!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice