1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Motorola DTA100 remote control setup

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Senryi, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Senryi

Senryi Thread Starter

So, here is the deal. I own a rental property and the local TV/phone/internet company (ATMC) came in and installed all new digital converter boxes. Between then and when I got the property one of the TVs had gotten fried. So I replace the TV with a new one.

One slight problem, the remote that came with the digital converter box, which is the only remote that can actually change channels, isn't programmed for the new TV. So I looked on motorola's website to find a owner's guide or manual that will explain how to program the remote for a TV. http://www.motorola.com/Video-Solutions/US-EN/Products-and-Services/Video-Consumer-Premise-Equipment/All-Digital-Set-Tops/DTA100_US-EN

This product page is absolutely useless for my purposes. So I look-up the model number of the converter. I find a lot of useless jargon about how to set this thing up with a TiVo or a SwingPlayer, but NOTHING on how to configure the converter's remote control.

Can any one either direct me to a page that I can use, or tell me how to configure the remote?

Or I may have ti theorize that ATMC PURPOSEFULLY put in these God damn digital converters just to tick me off, and decided not to call me back on how to configure the remote control.

2. Dar3b3ar

Dar3b3ar

Hi Senryi,
    I too have had problems connecting with the DTA100. In my case they are the inverse of yours as I am attempting to control the DTA100 via my TV's control. While looking for the IR codes for the device I ran into the page that you linked to and also to the one below:
    http://www.mtctech.net/cablevision Documents/DTA User Guide.pdf
    It's a little hard to read but I believe this is what you are looking for.

Good luck!

3. Senryi

Senryi Thread Starter

Great! This is what I was looking for, thanks a lot!

4. paisanol69

paisanol69

if that solved your problem, good for you!!

You should mark this thread solved, as it may help another person find it, when searching here at TSG, for a similar problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice