1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Motorola modem and linksys router problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Diver--13, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Diver--13

Diver--13 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

I'm helping a friend set up a home network and I am having a very difficult time getting his SBV5200 SURFboard Modem to allow an internet connection through his Linksys Wireless-G Router (WRT54G). I have used the Windows internet setup and the Linksys setup with absolutely no luck. I can get internet through the Modem alone, but as soon as I run the internet through the router I get the Limited or No Connectivity message. If I open up the "Display all connections" windows it says that there is a connection but I can neither access the homenetwork or the internet. I would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks!

2. bdg146psu

bdg146psu

How are you connecting to the router? Wired or wireless? If wirelessly, try connecting using a cable.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You have to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds or so) the modem when switching the device connected to it.

Are you having trouble getting your computer to communicate with the router or having trouble getting the router to communicate with your ISP?

4. pedroguy

pedroguy

5. Diver--13

Thanks guys, but I messed with it for a few hours and got it all worked out. I had to re-install the drivers for the modem after I ran the Linksys setup. Not sure why but it works now.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Drivers for the modem? There are no drivers for the modem unless you're using USB. If you're using USB, you aren't using a router.

7. Diver--13

No the modem actually came with a CD for the drivers. Don't ask me why, because it confused me.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/771662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice