1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mouse automatically double clicking

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ACA529, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ACA529

ACA529 Thread Starter

Today I noticed that when I select text it automatically deselects just after I select it. Then in Outlook I clicked on an email ONE time and the entire email opened in a new window. I know you can only open an email in a new window if you double click.

Both the selecting text and email problem only happen if I try to click a few times in a row.

This mouse is only a few months old.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

I find this very strange as this just started happening today.

Thanks.

2. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    What kind of mouse is it? I had the same problem with a Labtech optical. My technical son told me it was and internal hardware problem and there was no way to fix it. - But that was just the Labtech, before you trash it!

3. K7M

K7M

Check it control panel for mouse properties and see if it set as right handed or left. that will swap the buttons. After that try another mouse that one may be defective.

4. ACA529

ACA529 Thread Starter

That's exactly the mouse I have. A Labtec Optical Mouse 800.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will replace the mouse. :)(y)

I looked in control panel and the mouse is still set to right hand. Thanks for your reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/776236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice