1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: mouse click "click"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rapidfirerob, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Thread Starter

In the past few days my mouse makes a clicking noise like it is a Windows assigned noise. It does it at random times, sometimes when I click, sometimes on its own. I checked the Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel. All sounds I checked were not the sound I am hearing. I turned off some of them anyway. But I am sure these sounds are not coming from t:confused: here. I also looked at the Mouse settings and couldn't find anything to turn a click noise on or off there. I have XP Pro, Maxthon Browser with Spoofbar plug-in, Zonealarm, SBC Yahoo Antivirus and an annoying clicking noise! Help, please.

2. Dan O

Dan O

It may be a hardware issue with the mouse.

I recommend you try another mouse.

3. rapidfirerob

Let me clarify. The clicking noise actually occurs without my using the mouse at all. I am not sure the noise is even mouse related. The sound is closest to a mouse click, which is why I characterized it as such. Sorry for the unclear explanation. I think the noise occurs when I click as a coincidence. It is a random occurrence, as far as I can tell.

4. DBClark

DBClark

I too experience the same sound at times. I believe that it is part of the sound scheme and is activated when something, example...a refresh of ad or page occurs.

5. rapidfirerob

This is a new noise, only manifesting itself in the past few days. I'm glad it's not only me. I'd love to get rid of it.

6. DBClark

DBClark

I cannot check this out from the computer that I'm using now...school network, but if nobody jumps in before then , I'll check it out when I get home.

It can be annoying but not enough to me to locate the source and disable.

7. DBClark

DBClark

Start--->Control Panel--->Sounds, Speach, and Audio Devices--->Change the sound scheme--->scroll down the list and under Windows Explorer, remove sound from "Start Navigation".

It's the same tick-click sound you are reffering too. That should do it!

8. rapidfirerob

Excellent! Thanks so much. I didn't test every sound, and I missed this one. I wonder how some of my sounds got reset, as I had Start Windows and Close Windows sounds turned off, and they reset themselves the same time the annoying click did? Anyway, thanks for making life just that little bit more pleasant. Happy New Year to you!

9. DBClark

DBClark

Glad to have been of help...and your welcome.

Happy New Year to you and yours too!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!