1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mouse clicks working incorrectly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by martynasmith, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. martynasmith

martynasmith Thread Starter

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong section

I am using the touchpad mouse on my laptop (Packard bell easynote th) and it has started to act strangely. On the day it started this I had not installed or downloaded anything, in fact I was playing a game. When I turn it on the left click (or tapping the pad) results in a right click, the right click has no function at this point, although sometimes when i press it the working symbol appears as though it is attempting to do something. Given a while the left click sometimes resumes its correct function. Twice now both clicks have somehow restored themselves after an hour or so, but in both cases eventually the right click stops working again.

I have tried updating the drivers in device manager, but it says they are up to date, I have also ran anti-malware software.

I am running windows 7, it is also not that old and hasn't got much stuff clogging it up and runs well in general.

Has anyone else encountered this before? Its really annoying as I think its fixed then it stops working again.

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

This may sound silly but maybe your thumb is touching the pad sometimes. This happens.

3. martynasmith

thanks but i guarantee this is not that, i have been living with this problem for a week . I guess the touchpad itself could be broken, but since i wrote the first post, the left click now works but not the right click. it seems to be if i restart then about an hour after that it starts to sort itself out a bit

Currently the left click is working correctly, right click is doing nothing, if i switch the buttons in mouse properties, the left clcik will do a right, but the right click still doesnt work. however the button isn't completely broken as intermittently it may allow me one click

4. martynasmith

external usb mouse worked, gonna just send it off and get the touchpad replaced, was so sure it wasnt a physical problem but hey, i can play minecraft again now so yay

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice