Solved: mouse keeps stopping

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hlepme84

while im on the comp sometimes my mouse just stops. sometimes it starts working again but most of the time i have to restart my comp. i tryed the mouse that came with the comp an it does the same thing. but i got an new mouse an its optical but it still does the same thing. when the mouse stops i can still type an everything but most of the time i cant do anything at all.

anyone know what could be causing this?

Sorry no one has jumped in to hlep you, but you did not supply much information.

In general, problems with symptoms such as yours are caused by device conflicts...IRQ conflicts.

If that is the case, you may(?) find a clue in device manager. Check and see if there are any Yellow "?" or "!" by any devices.

Providing detailed info on the components that make up your system may hlep someone answer your question as well.

hlepme84

ty for ur reply but i cant find device manger i used find an only found utility manager. is thaty the same?

Hi Hlepme84. Right click My Computer on ur desktop and click on Properties. In that there should be a tab for Device Manager. When ur there check for a yellow ! or ? beside the mouse device.

Sounds like a problem with the port, is it a usb mouse? Does the keyboard still work when the mouse freezes? press the windows key to check this

hlepme84

i have windows 2000 im not sure if this version will show the signs next to the things ur having me check like it would other but it doesnt show nething. an no its not a usb connection and i press the windows key to restart the comp most of the times it works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online