1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mouse opens things on own, going crazy!!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jonia, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonia

jonia Thread Starter

Here is a hijack this listing..
    My mouse will just start opening stuff up on its own if I move the mouse (not touching any buttons. It'll open the toolbar, clock, move the icons around just whatever. There isn't a logic. I have cleaned the mouse ball and the wire is fine. Please help. I ran the spybot and it didn't find anything. Can someone please help. Thank you!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 9:16:49 AM, on 7/10/2006
    Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
    C:\COMPAQ\EASYACC\CPQBZL.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
    C:\COMPAQ\EASYACC\OSD.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CPQTAPI.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.adams.net/
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Essdc] essdc.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [CPQEASYACC] C:\Compaq\EasyAcc\cpqbzl.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\PROGRA~1\MESSEN~1\MSMSGS.EXE
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MSN Messenger Service - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\PROGRA~1\MESSEN~1\MSMSGS.EXE

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Where is your anti-virus?

Run ActiveScan online virus scan here

When the scan is finished, anything that it cannot clean have it delete it. Make a note of the file location of anything that cannot be deleted so you can delete it yourself.
    - Save the results from the scan!

Post a new HiJack This log along with the results from ActiveScan.

3. jonia

jonia Thread Starter

I finally finished downloading and scanning. This seems to be a waste of time. It found some spyware and for $29.95 or something I could disinfect and purchase. I copied down the locations and will see if I can delete something that will help.

4. cybertech

5. jonia

jonia Thread Starter

Thanks I'll try it. Could you tell me what this means (if it's important). I was just browsing through the stuff on the computer. It's AVG7QT When I click on it it opens to a radio like thing That says AVG 7QT - media player Stopped. it's a DAT file ( no idea what that is) 3,126 modified 5/4/2006. I had a cd player, but don't use for music somethines an automap program.

Anyway I was just wondering what that was. Thanks

6. cybertech

I don't see anything like that so I'm not sure what you are seeing.

7. jonia

jonia Thread Starter

I tried what you suggested and it didn't come up with anything. I tried Spybot again after doing an update. It found two spyware which It fixed, but the mouse still on its own opens all sorts of things on the computer.

I see what I described when I go to my computer, then C drive then Windows and the look through the different items. Must of the items have a date modified as when the computer a problem in august 2005 and I had to start over. Some like the cookies and history I can understand what they are.

Just wondering what a DAT file meant and, thought about deleting it.

Thanks

8. cybertech

From the AVG forum: "That is one of the integrity check files used to help speed up scanning of the files."

9. cybertech

Sometimes the buttons on the mouse get old, can you try a different mouse?

10. jonia

jonia Thread Starter

I can understand how the buttons may get old, however I can move the mouse just a hair, not touch the buttons and it will automatically knock me off of here, open up the clock, whatever.

I now have AVAST free antivirus and spent the day having a complete check. I had a virus/worm that went into the chest. It was WIN 32 CTX . pskavs.dll. There were two others, but the same WIN32CTX, but the access was denied so I deleted them. They were in c\_Restore\Temp\A0033T23.CPy Anyway I deleted. There were some things that the AVAST listed it was unable to scan.

Unfortunately, I still have the problem!!

11. jonia

jonia Thread Starter

I went through some other posts and I see that pskavs.dll the WIN 32:CTX has caused others problems.

I don't know why AVAST wasn't able to get rid of the problem. It has improved so that it's not like 5 minutes after I start using the computer & mouse that it starts moving items around. There were three of those WIN 32 CTX things that it found, but there must be more, or something else that causes the problem

I'm living with the problem now. Thanks for trying to help

12. cybertech

Download AdAware SE Personal version 1.06 http://www.majorgeeks.com/Ad-Aware_SE_Personal_d506.html

Install the program and launch it.

On the bottom right-hand corner of the main window click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

In the main window: Click Start and under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

To start the scan, click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it. (Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and then click Next)

13. jonia

jonia Thread Starter

It did find some things which were quaranteed. We'll see what happens. I haven't been on long enough to see. Though My AVAST did find a suspected virus in an e-mail that came in. I have been receiving e-mails with wierd symbols previous to my problem. I didn't think I looked at any while actually on line, but maybe that doesn't make a difference.

As far as my mouse opening everything & anything... I'll have to be on the computer for a few minutes and see if the problem is cured.

Thanks for the additional site to download it did find other things (problems) the AVAST didn't.

14. jonia

jonia Thread Starter

I think my problem is solved. I tried the ad-aware again as it (problem) came back. I tried scanning customizing and checking archive to scan. It found 1 critical something that it quaranteed and now the mouse no longer goes crazy.

Thanks. I think I will call the problem ?solved.

15. cybertech

Great!

If you have problems just post back!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/481980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice