Solved: Mouse Over issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnnyburst79

I'm building a map and making each building on the map clickable and while that is done, I'm now putting in names to appear when the user mouses over.

This is what I have thus far:

<area shape="rect" coords="362,372,399,432" href="www.link.biz" target="_self" onMouseOver="Testing">Testing</a></p>

Somethings missing but I'm not sure what....any advice?

You need to create an event handler in javascript.

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
function Testing(label)
{
   document.write(label);
}
</script>
Your link should also pass a parameter which in this case would be the text you want to display for the current object the mouse is over.
Code:
onmouseover="testing('label');"
You probably would want to add a handler for when the mouse is moved off of the object, which will set the label back to nothing.
Code:
onmouseover="testing('');"

MMJ

If I understand you correctly you don't need to use JS for this. All you you need to do is add the title attribute.

title="this will appear on mouseover"

johnnyburst79

I will. Also, I tried out the MouseOver command and with "title", it was unnecessary.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online