1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: mouse pad of my lap top doesnt work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jamsheed, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamsheed

jamsheed Thread Starter

Hello All,

One of my co workers has got a problem with his laptop computer,The mouse pad and the corners of the pad are not working. we tried to reinstall the software but no luck,I alos matched the lap top sittings with an other working laptop sittings they are the same but for some unknown reason the pad is not working in the first laptop.
    I should also mention that it is a TOSHIBA laptop with win XP.

Thanks for your help in advace.

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

3. bonk

bonk Banned

Does this mean that all the Touch-pad isn't working....how about the buttons if there is any.

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

If this computer is still under warranty I would suggest calling Toshiba and have your friends computer in front of you when you do it makes the call go easier and the tech at Toshiba will not have to have you call back with the computer in front of you. I would also try a mouse either PS/2 or USB while this is going on.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

How can you tell if the corners of a touchpad aren't working? Or are you really talking about a mouse pad sitting next to the computer?

6. brooksy

brooksy Banned

Hi,

Have you checked that the touchpad is still activated by pressing Fn+F9 ( on most laptops )
    Normally the case that someone has pressed this combination off keys by mistake, simple mistake to make.

cheers

7. jamsheed

jamsheed Thread Starter

Hi,
    I did tried fn+f9 but it didnt work also, I am tring to Re install the win i will see what is gonna happen,if you there is any other idea it will be highly appreciated.
    thanks in advace

8. jamsheed

jamsheed Thread Starter

Hello guys

after I re installed the windows still thouch pad of the laptop doesnt work, I reinstalled the touch pad software few times and i tired again fn+f9 but no luck.

Is there any other way to get it working?

Thanks In advance

9. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The touch-pad may have become disconnected internally or the hardware within the laptop touchpad may have failed.

There may be a setting within the BIOS that will enable-disable the touchpad, though this may vary by Toshiba model.

As Toshiba have probably made upward of 1,000 different models (estimated) by now, we cannot even guess as to the model that may allow more accurate advice.

10. jamsheed

jamsheed Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the help any way I think i have to replace the touch pad.
    V/R

11. brooksy

brooksy Banned

no problem mate

12. lefty1953

lefty1953

Try shutting the Laptop off and back on again. Could be Fn F9 was used and it needs to shut down before it works again.

13. brooksy

brooksy Banned

he has allready sorted it, mate

14. brooksy

brooksy Banned

Please mark your thread solved by using thread tools in first post

15. jamsheed

jamsheed Thread Starter

Hello All

I have got a problem with my laptop computer,after I close the webpage I get a messages saying IE elpore EXE.
    I dont know why it is comming and how can i get it fixed.here I have attached the copy of the message what I get on my computer
    I really appreciate if some one can help me to get this problem solved.

Thanks In advace

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice