1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mouse Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anoman05, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Anoman05

Anoman05 Thread Starter

My mouse doesn't work on my computer anymore. It used to run fine, but now I will plug it in and it will work for like 2 seconds; and then freeze on the screen. I tried multiple mouse all USB. This seems very odd to me. Anyone have any advice.

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

Have you tried the mouse on another PC ? Sounds like a USB issue rather than a mouse problem . Have you a PS/2 mouse port on your PC to check whether that works ? I assume it's a desktop PC ...

3. Anoman05

Anoman05 Thread Starter

Yes I have tried both mice on another PC, and they work fine. I also have my keyboard plugged into USB and that works. I also plugged in a few other things that used USB, all of them worked. It is very odd.

4. nessyguin

nessyguin

Aye , it's odd alright . Do you have a PS/2 mouse port on the PC and access to a PS/2 mouse ?

5. Anoman05

Anoman05 Thread Starter

I believe I have the port, but do not have the mouse. I am in the process of just reformatting my whole computer. Luckily I didn't have any important files.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice