1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mouse Scroll behaves strangely

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DeathWorm, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DeathWorm

DeathWorm Thread Starter

Hi guys, I've recently bought a new PC runs Win7 64bit HomePremium and a new mouse with it. Two click-buttons of this mouse work correctly but the scroll wheel doesn't. For example, when I browse a web page or reading documents, if I scroll up, the page scrolls down or not moving. It happens the same when I scroll down. So plz tell me what I can do to fix this prob?
    P/s:
    - I have scanned all drives throughly by avast AV.
    - This is my whole new mouse, it is PS/2 Genius Scroll 120. I tried to attach my buddy's mouse, the scroll worked correctly in a few days, then the prob came again.
    - The mouse's driver is the latest.
    Thx a lot for your help !!

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. DeathWorm

DeathWorm Thread Starter

Tks a lot for ur precious suggestion. After writing this thread, I had tried to unplug the mouse then plug again. I also blew the air into the mouse to remove any resident dust. This made the scroll works well again, but I don't know how long it lasts. And about ur link, it didn't help me much. Anyway, tks for your help :D

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    That's good, thanks for posting your solution.

(If it stays fixed please mark this as 'Solved' under 'Thread tools' near the top of the page).

5. DeathWorm

DeathWorm Thread Starter

I can't stand anymore, the prob still happens. The scroll comes back to its crazy state again. I had attached it into my buddy's PC, it worked well, but my PC didn't. I also plug it into keyboard's port but seemed it didn't help much. Lost all hopes :((

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice