1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: move data from rows and columns to other rows and columns

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kf4fzr, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kf4fzr

kf4fzr Thread Starter

I have data that repeats hundreds of times. I am trying to put each string of data on 1 line.

f-name(A2) initial(B2) l-name(C2) ID#(D2) DOB(E2) Street(F2) company(G2)
    City(F3) company#(G3)
    State,Zip(F4)
    Home Phone(F5)
    Work Phone(F6)
    Email(F7)

After the data is moved to one line I would like to delete the lines that previously housed the information. The company# can be deleted. I have never worked with macros. I would appreciate any help given.

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

bump

3. kf4fzr

kf4fzr Thread Starter

I need to move the data around so that it is all on one line. From what I find with the "bump" it doesn't do that.

4. turbodante

turbodante

:D lol. Perhaps 'bump' will become one of the touch screen iPad type functions;)

Welcome to the forum kf4fzr btw.

Is this excel? If so, can you upload a sample before and after workbook so we can see exactly what you require.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/932353