Solved: Movie Maker Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Space Cowboy

I try and take 3 movie files of any format and splice them togeather (storyboard) and I keep getting this error. I've tryed reinstalling "Microsofts Movie Maker" and I still get the same thing.

Any Thoughts?
Thanks

Attachments

ok a few things,but most importantly what are the three file type you're trying to splice together?

I looked at that error and I know movie maker inside and out, so what that error means could be a few things: it may not know where teh files are. On the storyboard (or timeline) it will look like a bunch of red X's.
That means that either the file is moved or it just simply cannot find it. In that case, right click on the clip > browse for missing file> then find it click open. it should then recognize it and you can continue saving without any problems.

The file types could be screwing up the saving process. (this is what I suspect happened) But I'd need to know if all three files have different extentions like (avi, wmv, mpeg) there are more file types out there. That's just a few. Durign the saving process it might not be able to save it properly.

If you could type out what it is step by step you did before it gave you this error message that would be helpful. Movie maker is not the greatest program out there that's for sure but you shouldn't have had to uninstall it / reinstall it. Get back to me on this.

Space Cowboy

Sorry I forgot about this thread ..

I re-registered all the files and it is working correctly now. It kept asking for some quick*.msi and I couldn't find any info on it so I just kept hitting cancel and for some reason it is working fine now. I'm not sure what I did to cause this but for now movie maker does what I want and is small and free.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online