1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Movie Maker not letting me save...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by psaros, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psaros

psaros Thread Starter

Hey,

When I tried saving a movie last night I got an error message: "Windows MM cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files are still available (check), the saving location is still available (I tried about a dozen different locations), and that there's enough free disk space available (disk space needed for movie: 29 MB, free disk space on drive c: 44 gb)"

The source files were not moved. I reimported everything TWICE from my C:\Fraps folder (it's a gaming movie), and didn't touch any of it since I reimported each clip. I checked all the destinations of the clips (properties), and yup, they're all right. I tried saving in my documents, my videos, shared videos, and a created folder on the desktop.

A few times when I tried it I got an error box from fraps saying something about a codec... I forgot and didn't take a pic, now can't get it again. Just this general MM error. Any ideas are greatly accepted and I thank you for your time reading this.. what hell.

Also: The two audio bytes I used in the movie weren't the problem. I deleted them earlier and tried it again and it didn't work. Scaling it down in size (like from 29 mb to 13 mb) had no effect either.

Edit2: The FRAPS error message (I got it again after taking out a specific clip):

[​IMG]

The 130 minutes thing? I clicked cancel when it got up to 1000+. And about the error message, I had to click ok about 50 times, literally, and the Allocsize and dimensions kept changing. Movie maker is very fragile for some reason as well, if you click something to fast it freezes and you have to close it. I think I had to do that about 30 times at least. Now combine that with starting new projects and reimporting new files twice that I had to re-act three times, that's a hella lot of work. For a 3 minute, 28mb movie! Plus those menu options still keeping getting glued to the screen.

2. psaros

psaros Thread Starter

This time I re-captured all the scenes with fraps AGAIN and saved them to a completely different folder, didn't touch them after I imported them, and got the fraps error again...

This is just beyond disgusting... any ideas? It has nothing to do with source files. It clearly states I have enough free space. What the hell?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice