Solved: Movie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dano_61

Hello

I rented a movie and i am trying to play it on my computer but it won't play. Usually they start up automatically but this one doesnt. Even when i hit the play button on the main menu on the movie nothing happens ?

Dan

dano_61

yes it has and i tried the movie on my tv DVD player and it worked

dano_61

yes and it will open the movie but when i click play nothing happens. Could it be the Macro flash player

bonk

Banned
What player are you using.....

Try lowering your screen resolution

dano_61

I changed screen resolution no help.Not sure which player it is, comes up as flash macromedia icon

dano_61

How do i check to make sure my settings are right for movie to start up when i insert movie

dano_61

UPDATE

I changed my default media player to windows media player but when i tried to play the movie i got this below

"Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer."

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I think some newer DVD's have "improved" copy protection to prevent you from copying/playing them on a computer.

dano_61

Thanks John

Well i can understand copying but why stop people from playing a movie, what if a person's computer monitor and computer are the same, can i find a decoder for this

dano_61

SUCCESS

I downloaded a DVD player program (AVS DVD PLAYER ) and it worked, thanks Bonk for your help and patience. i love it when a plan comes together.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online