1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Moving Outlook Messages and Address Book From Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by referee07, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

I recently purchased a new computer that has Office 2010 installed. I would like to move the contents of my .pts file from my old computer which has Outlook 2007 to my new computer which has Outlook 2010. Before, when I wanted to transfer my .pts file from one computer to another I would just copy the file to a portable hard drive and then transfer the file to the other computer. However, Outlook 2010 is completely different animal. When I go to C:, Users, App Data, etc., new computer, it is completely different from my other computer that had Vista. My question is, how can I transfer my .pts file and/or my address book, calendar, contacts, etc. for my older Windows Vista computer that had Outlook 2007, to my new computer that has Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 installed? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

2. I_T_Doctor

I_T_Doctor

Hello referee07;

Copy your .pst file from your old computer to the new one or your portable hard drive.

To launch the Outlook 2010 Export/Import wizard, first go to File menu, navigate to Open, and click Import.

In the Import And Export wizard, select Import from another program or file option and hit Next

Under File Type, select Outlook Data File(.pst) and hit Next

Now choose the file to import, select the options, and hit Next

Once done, finally select the folder to import from(if you want to import complete data don’t change any settings) and make sure Include subfolders is checked. You can either import the file to the current folder or choose the folder.

Hope this helps!

Dave

3. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

I_T_Doctor, thanks for the info. Too bad Microsoft doesn't make this any easier.

Referee 07

4. I_T_Doctor

I_T_Doctor

You are welcome :) I agree what was wrong with the old way??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/986862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice