1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Moving Windows

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DMF Apothem, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMF Apothem

DMF Apothem Thread Starter

Hey,

I just installed a 4 gig hard drive and reformatted so now I was thinking about moving windows off my main 40 gig onto this new 4 gig so as when I reformat my files I don't lose the OS. I don't know if you can move it without reinstalling on the new drive, I was thinking about just dragging and dropping the folder ' windows' and and seeing what it would do, but I thought I should ask first. WinXP Pro.

DMF Apothem.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

A 4GB hard drive?? Are you sure you got that number right? A 4GB hard drive is so old that you're likely to take a performance hit running an operating system from it.

3. DMF Apothem

DMF Apothem Thread Starter

Yes, a 4 gig. Its from a win98 computer, I have actually got it doing the job right now and its seems fine so, at least its working.

DMF Apothem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice