1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6 - Page won't load!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Calvin8910, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Calvin8910

Calvin8910 Thread Starter

I just downloaded Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6 and I can't get any pages to load PERIOD!

Everything worked fine before I made the upgrade - and I even tried IE, and everything seemed to be working there, so the problem has to be with Firefox.

I'm getting really pissed off. Everytime I install an update with Firefox, I encounter some weird problem.

I even tried uninstalling this and then installing it directly from the homepage, and still the same problem. I can't get any page to load.

2. Calvin8910

I read somewhere I was supposed to uninstall the previous versions.

Like I said, I tried uninstalling everything including my profile and doing this all over again, but still I cannot get a single page to load.

Am I just f-cked now?

I can't tolerate IE, and I don't know why but I just can't get used to Opera. Firefox was the only browser I actually liked.

Is there anything at all that I can do?

3. lister

lister

First, make sure the Firewall is allowing the changed Firefox to access the net.

If it still doesn't work open Firefox in 'Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)'. If that works, it is an incompatible extension or theme.

If all else fails, try a clean install.
    Backup your profile folder, uninstall firefox, then delete the Mozilla folder in 'Application Data' (profile) and the 'Mozilla Firefox' folder in 'Program Files'.
    Reinstall firefox.

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Have you got the "connection" settings right??

5. Calvin8910

How should the connection settings be?....

6. Red Boy

Red Boy

Calvin8910, the problem does not rest with Firefox 1.0.6. I have been using for a couple of days now without any problems. I uninstalled previous version and installed 1.0.6 without a glitch. And it has been working fine. I would suggest that you follow the suggestions of "lister". They seem sound. But do not work from the premise that the problem rests with Firefox 1.0.6.

Good luck,

Red Boy

7. Calvin8910

I've tried doing that, but I keep getting the same problem.

I even tried going back to a previous system restore point before I downloaded version 1.0.6, but now I can't even get Firefox to open nor can I get the profile manager to open either.

And no, the safe mode version doesn't work either, and yes, my firewall is off.

I know the problem isn't with Firefox 1.0.6, it seems to be with Firefox in general.

Any other ideas?....

8. lister

lister

Tried what?
    You uninstalled firefox & deleted the profile folder (C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Application Data\Mozilla) and any Mozilla Firefox in Program Files?

9. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Calvin8910,

What are your connection settings:
    Direct connection to the Internet or Manual proxy configuration?
    Firefox: Tool pull-down->Options->Connection->Connection Settings

-- Tom

10. Calvin8910

Yes, I deleted the folder in program files, and completely uninstalled Firefox.

I even tried deleting my profile by typing whatever it is I typed in run to get the profile manager to pop up.

I would try this again, but I can't even get to the profile screen. It won't load nor will Firefox perriod, so there's no way I can check my connection settings.

And I have no clue where this profile folderis. I cannot find any application data folder either. I'm checking where you're asking me to check. It just isn't there.

11. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Do you have your folder settings set to "show all hidden files and folders?"

12. lister

lister

As LauraMJ said.
    Check out the Firefox Knowledge Base for more details on what to keep from your Profile - like your Bookmarks, passwords etc.

13. Calvin8910

Alright, I deleted it from the application data folder, and everywhere else.

And now I installed 1.0.6, and I'm able to get it open, but the page won't load. I checked the connection settings and it's set on a direct connection to the internet.

14. lister

lister

It still sounds like there is something blocking it. Are you sure the firewall (which one btw) is allowing it access?

15. Calvin8910

I have my windows firewall turned off, and I use Sygate, but it's not even on right now.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!