1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by birdog2, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdog2

birdog2 Thread Starter

Hi guys, I have been running Mozilla Firefox for a year or so with no major
    problems ..... until now. I noticed a little security update available icon up
    near my close button and clicked on it. The ensuing window suggested I
    should download and install their latest security update to ensure I had all
    the latest protection. I did so and then rebooted. As soon as I went to a site
    that was password protected ..... I use RoboForm as my password manager ... I was bombarded with error messages from RoboForm and then
    from Firefox saying they had to close the window, which it did.
    I then uninstalled Firefox and deleted every program I could find in Windows
    Explorer and in REGEDIT..... and rebooted. Next I went to one of their
    download sites and redownloaded and installed the latest version only to find my problem was still there. I then switched my browser back to Internet
    Explorer and everything worked beautifully. Not sure where I should go from
    here, I much prefer Mozilla and would feel lost without it.
    Anyone able to steer me through this dilemma ??? Please ... :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/386557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice