1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MP4 Video Editor

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Cyps, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cyps

Cyps Thread Starter

Can't find an MP4 Video Editor or convertor out there. Any info would be most welcome. Thanks in advance

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  3. ferrija1

ferrija1

4. Cyps

Cyps Thread Starter

Thanks Noyb I'll investigate that. Ferrijal, Quicktime only gives a corrupt display with me. Perhaps I should explain that the MP4 video files are produced by a Sanyo solid state camcorder, maybe there are some caveats I don't know about, but thank you both for the answers. My main goal however is to find a program which will edit these files natively and I have had no success as yet. Hope is fading, someone suggested Sony Vegas but that didn't work either. I suppose I'll have to be content with converting them first and editing afterwards. Just thought I could cut to the chase, but thank you again for helping.

5. ferrija1

ferrija1

Ok, I'll look around....

6. Saxon

Saxon

An MP4 Video Editor? I think you're up against it there Cyps, but a good free MP4 convertor is available from Sourceforge. It only converts to AVI but that will give you some leverage. Check it out here.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    All these different video formats confuse me.
    But I remember I needed a converter to make mp4 Computable with Adobe Premiere Elements.

Do you have Sony Vegas ... Or are you looking for a good video editor.
    I use APE 3.0

I'm not sure Total Converter is really free... but it should be cheaper and more useful that QT pro.
    You might check out Saxons suggestion .. sourceforge makes good stuff.

8. Cyps

Cyps Thread Starter

Thanks for all your help. I've finally found the needle in the haystack. It's called Ulead Videostudio 10. It handles and edits MP4 brilliantly together with all the bells and whistles, it's perfect. ............Seek and ye shall find..................How true!!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice