1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MPEG2 Video Wizard DVD/imgburn problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by MaryEM, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

I have three short videos that I would like to compile on to one DVD. The burn process, worked, the disk shows the 3 separate folders but will only play the first movie. Is there something I am doing wrong?

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Maybe there are different ways of setting up a DVD authoring but the way multiple videos come out for me is all in one folder (VIDEO_TS) with each getting a designated .vob filename or if one file is larger than 1 gig it gets split into a second .vob file.

Prior to burning I set the parameter to either return to menu or play the next clip/video when the end of the currently playing video is finished.

If you are seeing all three videos in the DVD menu and you click on or try to play the second and third and they don't play then there was probably some technical error in the burning process.

3. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

The one thing that I didn't do was to set the parameter to return to menu or play next clip/video. I will give this a try and let you know. Thank you very much. Mary

4. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

Okay, I am having a dumb moment. I cannot find where to set the parameter to return to menu or play next clip. I tried in imgburn and also looked in Nero.

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

A program like Nero eXpress should be defaulting to one or the other and not leaving you hanging to twist in the wind.

If someone doesn't get back before me I'll take a look at my version of Nero and see if I can spot a setting somewhere.

If you just want something very basic that plays all the videos in succession without a menu when you start it a nice little free program for that is DVDFlick at http://www.dvdflick.net/. There might even be something in the settings that will set up some sort of menu too but I haven't found those setting yet if they are there.

6. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Upon further review of Nerovision eXpress 3 (the version I have), there isn't an option I could find for "return to menu" at the end of a chapter, but it was easy to add chapter markers if I wanted.

You said your videos were short though so they probably don't need to be "chaptered" right? What I found as I moved through the process is that each individual video is automatically treated as a chapter and when I got to the menu process each video was displayed as a chapter thumbnail and my test review determined that auto advance to the next chapter was the default playback method. I use software that lets me set auto advance or return to menu so I probably led you a little astray there unless more recent versions of the software allow it.

If you weren't authoring a DVD from the video files in the first place you were just making a data disk with the three videos on it which isn't going to play in most dvd players and in a computer you will have to click on each individual file to get it to play.

7. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

No it wasn't a data disk. I used the DVD movie and the files were audio_ and video_ TS. The first movie plays on the DVD player with TV but doesn't play the other two. Each movie is in its own file, separate movies. I used imgburn to burn first disk. I tried to burn them in Nero but MPEG2 video wizard DVD makes the files the same,( video_TS with a back up file, VTS_01_0 and backup file and VTS_01_1) so Nero won't let you add files with the same title.

8. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Hmm, I'm not familiar with imgburn at all but it doesn't sound like a proper authoring program and I believe MPEG2 video wizard DVD works in conjunction with nero (nero does the burning?). I can imagine several potential problems there too.

I had to check to make sure you weren't just making a data disc because I may be fairly intelligent but I'm also essentially working with unknown factors all the time.

If you don't have Nerovision eXpress I go back to my DVD flick recommendation. Try that if you would and if you have probelms I can at least walk you through that because it has always worked very well for me to create a DVD (sans menu) that will play the individual videos one after another and then stop or it can be set to loop as well so they just play over and over until stopped. The only possible problem is if the program doesn't recognize your video format but it is pretty good at that too.

9. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

I did download DVD flick, but I have not had a chance to try it. My brain is on overload, with all of these different road blocks. Hope to give Flick a try tomorrow. Will up date. Thanks again.

10. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Did you do them all at once in MPEG Video Wizard DVD or each separately?

11. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

Hi! These are three separate movies that I made in MPEG Video that I wanted to burn on to one disk. I tried it on imgburn, it looks like all of the data is there, the files are there, just quits playing after the first movie.

12. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Are you looking to have a menu?

13. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

It is not important to me. Just to get this too work. Thank you!

14. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

You basically have 3 DVD's. I assume each one plays as a DVD on it's own. You can't just burn them to one DVD without reauthoring them.

15. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

Okay, that explains a lot, the day is not wasted and I have learned something new.
    Next question: When you mentioned reauthoring, would I do that in the DVD maker process of MPEG2 Wizard?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/656857

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice