1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MS Access 2007 Database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Dubby20, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dubby20

Dubby20 Thread Starter

Hi,

I started using the Call Tracker template on MS Access 2007 for a new Call Logging System at work. I am having trouble linking different fields to one another. On the 'Call Lists' page I have created new text box fields in design view. However, I can't get these fields to link with fields I created in the 'Call Details' design view. I have followed the same format the existing fields, i.e. Title, is in but I can't seem to get them to link properly. I think it is done by using the 'Control Source' but as I hae no experience on Access I'm not sure if I am doing it right.

As well as this, I need the text entered in these text fields to populate fields below it with information from another database that I have imported into the 'Call Tracker'. For example, if I have three fields called, Company Name, Company ID and Customer ID, and when text is entered into Company ID, it looks up that ID in the other database and enters the required text (Company Name, Customer Name) into the corresponding fields.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Archie

2. Jayabhadra

Jayabhadra

I think you should use query to merge both table.
    can you post the database?

3. Dubby20

Dubby20 Thread Starter

How would I do that? And what specificaly do you need as it's regarding work and has sensitive data in the database.

4. Jayabhadra

Jayabhadra

use the query wizard. I'm just trying to understand your question better because it's hard without seeing the database. You could erase and just fill some data example, or you want to private mail me.

5. Dubby20

Dubby20 Thread Starter

are you looking for screenshots or the actual database?

6. Jayabhadra

Jayabhadra

If you can attach the database I dont have to recreate the databse and try to fix it for you..

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice