1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MS Access Database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tex0gen, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tex0gen

tex0gen Thread Starter

Im creating a database to book both rooms and resources, assign them to staff etc, iv created a barebones system that lets you book the room/resource and assign it to a person on a date, what i need is.. if someone can help that is, is when a date reaches a certain point, say 1 day before.. to pop up a reminder, also.. i need the room to pop up as booked if between dates that are already booked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Steve.

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Steve, I can help you with this.
    Create a query based on your Booking Table and in the Booking Dates Criteria Row enter

Date() - 1

That should provide you with a list of all dates that are 1 day less than the current date. You can then create a form based on those dates to display them. Or you can have a Blank form that uses VBA to check the Query and provide a message box.

For the second item it is very similar, but you need VBA code to check the dates for that room and display the warning message.

3. tex0gen

tex0gen Thread Starter

Okay great, thats awesome thank you, how would i go about adding that in thought? you will have to excuse me as im fairly new at this.

Do i add this in "booked from date:" or "Booked To date:"

Or other?

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Depends on which one you want to trigger.
    If you want notification of the start use the "booked from date:"
    If you want notification of the finish use the "Booked To date:"
    You can have more than one query for that.
    If you just want to know anywhere within the booked period you might need something different, but I would need to see your data structure and exactly want you want to do.

Let me know if you want me to help.

5. tex0gen

tex0gen Thread Starter

Attached a copy of the database in question for you to look at, if you know where abouts to place all this could you possibly do that and send it back and let me know where you put it so i can check it out, study it and then re-do it myself?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

6. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Can you tell me exactly what you want the first check to do?

7. tex0gen

tex0gen Thread Starter

Okay, i need...

the dates in Room Booking need to not be able to be booked between dates.. ie:

i book a room from 24 nov - 28 nov, that room cant be double booked,
    Also need the date to be reminded either with a pop up or via email to say "reminder, room booked tomorrow". Thank you very much!

Do not worry about the other tables/forms as i can view what you have done and then code that in myself using what you put as a template.

8. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Sorry, I can only work with Access 2000-2003 versions, can you do a Save as or Conversion to that format please?
    If the Forms are a problem, then take a copy and remove the forms from it and I will work with the Tabels and queries.

9. tex0gen

tex0gen Thread Starter

Sorry, uploaded in 2002-03 format.

Attached Files:

10. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Try this, I have added a Calendar to your form.
    With the VBA code do not change any Field names in the table or Form or it will crash.

Attached Files:

11. tex0gen

tex0gen Thread Starter

Sorry, yeah it works.. but i keep gtting a runtime error

12. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

What runtime error?

13. tex0gen

tex0gen Thread Starter

Okay, sorry, it works.. Now how do i make a form to delete specific Records?

14. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

You can in actual fact delete records on any Form.
    I have added a form called Bookings to this version which has a delete button which allows you delete each record.
    If you wanted to have a tick box to tick Records for deletion so that you can delete them all in one go would require another field in the Table.

Or you could create a query to say delete all records over 1 month past the Booked To date.

Attached Files:

15. tex0gen

tex0gen Thread Starter

Okay, how do i change the "booked By:" to come up with a name instead of a number as if i change the field value, it says i cant due to a relationship.. so i delete the relationship, change to text and add the relationship in it give me an error about something or rather?

Thank you in advance.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice