1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MS Access Errors

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by coachdan32, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coachdan32

coachdan32 Thread Starter

I have a problem with my MS Access 2000. When I try to open it, it says it can't find a file (msjet40.dll). I can search the hard drive and the file is there - in the C:/Windows/System folder, I believe that is the correct place. I tried to repair and also have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000. On both the repair and the reinstall, I get numerous error messages on .dlls that did not register - all pertaining to OLE or ODBC files. The final result of both is the same - the same access error message described in the first line. The operating system is Win98SE. All other Office products open fine. Could this be a virus? Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix the problem?

2. Rockn

Rockn

3. coachdan32

It happens on any of the apps I try to open. It was working fine as recent as last week.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Drivers do become corrupt. Try and install the MDAC component. Reinstalling the apss will install the older versions and if there were any serviec releases applied you need to re-apply them as well.

5. coachdan32

I will try this when I get home and post any findings.

6. coachdan32

Rockn,
    Thanks. That seems to have worked. All db's are opening fine now.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328932

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice