1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MS Access - Tabbed MainForm - How to make a form open a form in multiple mode

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by duBe68, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duBe68

duBe68 Thread Starter

Hello,
    thanks for taking a look at this thread, any help will be greatly appreciated by a complete Noob.

I've been given a LOT of help by members of this Forum (especially OBP) with a DB I'm making as a first look at any type of IT product, and I'm very grateful, so thank you all.

Recently, I was advised to take a look at the "Tabbed" style of "MainForm" instead of the "Switchboard" style I originally used. I must say, I really like the tabbed style much more than the switchboard but I've hit one hurdle that I can't seem to overcome.

In the Switchboard style, I was able to set a form to load in either DATA ENTRY = YES or DATA ENTRY = NO mode depending on which sub-switchboard the user selected. For example, I had a ENTER NEW sub-switchboard that all forms would open in DATA ENTRY = YES mode & I had another EDIT EXISTING sub-switchboard that all forms would open in DATA ENTRY = NO mode.

However, with the new tabbed style, I cannot set the form load type for separate tabbs, it will only accept the LAST type as the GLOBAL type. Example, on the ENTER NEW tab, I set the form to load as DATA ENTRY = YES & sets the form to open in DATA ENTRY = YES on both tabs, then I go to the EDIT EXISTING tab & set the same form to DATA ENTRY = NO & it sets the form to open in both tabs in DATA ENTRY = NO mode.

So, my question is:
    Can I set the same form to load differently on different tabs on the same MainForm?
    If so, would you mind letting me know how this is done please?

For clarity, I've included a screen-shot of my Tabbed MainForm.

Thanks heaps in advance,
    duBe

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP

I would just copy the Subform, so you have version 1 for data entry with the Data Entry set to "Yes" and version 2 set to "No".
    The only thing you need to do then is to Requery the Editing form each time you make an entry in the data entry form.
    Although I prefer to just have an Edit form with a "New Record" button for the data entry.

3. duBe68

duBe68 Thread Starter

Hi OBP,
    sorry for the delay in replying, life got in the way.
    Anyway, thanks for the solution & yes; you are right, I don't know enough to start trying to "Requery" anything, so the "New Record" button will do just fine.
    I guess; like most things, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
    I tried to make the 2 separate forms work but couldn't work out "Requery" and almost made a meal of it all. Good thing I always make a new copy of the DB before I start work on any new learning idea.
    Thanks again, you're always spot-on.
    Kind regards,
    duBe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1110122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice