1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MS Keyboard: Volume control sloooooow to load

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DKTaber, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I have a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, ver.1.0. It's connected to a Win XP-SP3 desktop. It has 2 problems:

1. The volume controls take about 15 sec. to load after you press them the first time after boot up.
    2. The Zoom control worked when I first got the keyboard, but hasn't worked in 2 years.
    Is there any way to force the volume controls to load at startup so they're immediately available (itype.exe already loads at startup)

Why doesn't the Zoom control work? All it should do is send 'Ctrl +' or 'Ctrl -' to the processor to magnify or demagnify Web pages.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I never thought about doing that because I always kept it updated (already had ver. 8.2). However, I tried it (uninstalled, rebooted, then downloaded and installed the program). That appears to have solved the problem. The volume control bar appears onscreen MUCH faster and the zoom button works. What this suggests to me is that the many updates I applied over the last 3 years were not total overwrites; they left alone subroutines that had not changed and in my case, were corrupted.

Thanks for the help. Will mark 'solved'.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Glad it worked (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice