1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MS Office 2007 Trial uninstall problems athat lead to other Problems. Please

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Boating, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boating

Boating Thread Starter

:confused: I tried to un-install Office 2007. But it would not un-install. So I went online searching for answers. and I found this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/
    I tried to follow the directions, but I think I got so overwhelmed and scared that I did not continue. But what I did do might have been the reason that I got more problems now.:eek:

Now I am not able to use my own Office XP 2002.
    I am not able to re-install nor un-install any of the office products (2002 or 2007).

Tonight, I used the CD to re-install office 2007 (trial), I got the Error 1321:
    "Setup cannot modify the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\office12\1033\PROTTPLV.XLS Verify that the file exists in your system and that you have sufficient permissions to update.

A few days ago, I tried to re-install Office xp 2003, and I got similar Errors.

Please Help!

Thanks,
    Boating

2. Boating

Boating Thread Starter

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I can't tell from you post what's installed. The info at the link you posted is pretty simple. Go to Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall Office. I would suggest doing that with all Office components and versions. Then restart, and install just what you want or need.

4. Boating

Boating Thread Starter

That was the first thing I tried to do, and it did not work.
    I tried un-installing Office 2007 from a/remove programs, but it would not uninstall.
    Yesterday, I tried unistalling Office 2007 again and this is the error message I got:
    "This Product installation has been Corrupted. Run Setup again from CD, DVD or other original instalation source."

5. rkselby98

rkselby98

Sorry, I didn't see she posted the KB article...

Boating seems to have gotten in trouble using MS KB link listed above. From there things went from bad to worse. I've run out of suggestions but later when she gets home we are going to use the KB article again and I am going to see if I can help her go through it again and maybe it will work unless you have another suggestion.

Other than that I am not sure what else to try and I asked her to post here. Maybe I can learn a little myself.

She had to go out for a bit but if you have any questions I will try to answer them for you DoubleHelix until she gets back to speed this along...

Do you think the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility would help, if so I can send her the program and instructions on how to use it...

6. rkselby98

rkselby98

Here is the email I got from her when this started and she asked me for help.

I was trying to un-install office 2007 student/trial version, and I couldn\'t.
    So I went online and searched for answers; and found this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218
    Then I did an awful thing: I think I deleted an important file that is causing a problem for me. Now, I can\'t even use my own Office-xp 2003.

I think this is what I did:

Locate and then delete the registry subkeys of the 2007 Microsoft Office system if they are present. To do this, follow these steps:
    For Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

For Windows Vista, click Start
    Collapse this imageExpand this image
    , click Start Search, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Click the following subkey:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Office\\12.0
    On the File menu, click Export, type DeletedKey01, and then click Save.
    On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm the deletion.
    For each registry subkey in the following list, repeat steps 1a through 1d. Change the name of the exported key by one for each subkey.

Now I am getting this error:

error 1321. setup cannot modify the file c:\\programfiles\\microsoftoffice\\office10\\VSruntime\\schemas\\html32xsd
    Verify that the file exists in your system and that you have sufficient permission to update it.

7. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Rick, please take Boating through removing Office completely using the steps here:
    http://www.officearticles.com/misc/remove_microsoft_office_from_your_pc.htm

Of course, you'll need to figure out the reg keys for 2007 (I don't have time to look right now).

Then reinstall. (I am assuming that Boating has a legit and working CD for installation of XP and/or 2007.)

Sorry, Boating. This forum software doesn't register new users into the database right away, so I couldn't find your post by normal search methods. I finally just looked. Wow. That was rocket science, huh? You were right here on the first page... duh.

8. rkselby98

rkselby98

Hey girl I thought you went on vacation. Glad to see you here, been nice to know you were taking a vacation but I don't think you ever will.

Once she gets back I will go through the method you suggest and get back to you

Yes she has a legal copy. Thank you for taking a look.

Have a great night and try and follow my example and behave....LOL

9. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Sounds like you are in between a rock, and a hard space. This may assist you. First backup all important docs, here is a removal tool for 2007 http://www.brothersoft.com/remove-office-2007-169245.html It is called Remove Office 2007 1.0, you will find it about a third of the way down the page. After you run the tool, reboot. Now go here:http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011401771033.aspx this is the removal tool for various versions of Office. After you run the tool, reboot. This should start you out with a clean slate so that you can reinstall the Office of your choice. Note: Of course, all bets are off, who knows, if you have dabbled in the registry, it may affect how these tools function.

10. Boating

Boating Thread Starter

Thank you All (Rick, Anne, IMP49, DoubleHelix)... for trying to help me.
    I have my own valid/Legal software called: "Microsoft Office XP Small Business Version 2002" which also has a second CD called the "Media Content". And I have the product Key on the cover.

My 2007 was a trial version that I have not been able to uninstall.

I just want to be able to use my own Office XP 2002.

11. Boating

Boating Thread Starter

Anne,
    Thank You so much for your help!

Right Now, I have already done some of the steps From your site: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/r...om_your_pc.htm
    I am at the point where I'm supposed to delete the entire Folder:
    "By default, Office is installed to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office. Using My Computer or Windows Explorer, go to that folder. Delete the ENTIRE folder. Remove the program from the Windows registry. "

I deleted some, but I am not able to delete the entire folder. This is the error message that I get:
    "Destination Folder Access Denied:
    You need permission to perform this action."
    What should I do now?

12. Boating

Boating Thread Starter

:)Thank you Rick for your Kindness, expertise, and for the many many hours of hard work
    patiently helping and walking me through each and every step to solve this problem.

:)Thank you Anne for your instructions on:
    http://www.officearticles.com/misc/remove_microsoft_office_from_your_pc.htm
    Rick was right! You really are the Best at solving these complicated problems.

:)(y)This is such a wonderful forum, filled with real good people who freely help each other.
    Thanks to Rick for inviting me to this forum.:)

Finally, I was able to successfully re-install my MS Office XP 2002.

Wishing You All The Best!(y)
    With Gratitude,
    Boating

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/809812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice