Solved: MS Outlook: no mails coming in, mails stuck in outbox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

superlucky

Hi guys hope someone can help me.

Yesterday my e-mails just stopped coming into my inbox and mails I was trying to send out are stuck in my outbox. (MS outlook 2002 SP3)

I have double checked and re-entered my server settings and account details. I have tried archiving and deleting e-mails. I can still collect mails direct from the server and no-one else in the office (we have a small office network) has this problem, and it just happened spontaneously. I have been told there is no problem at the server end.

When I send/receive you can see it's making contact with the server because it knows how many e-mails are there and says receiving XX of XX but then you get the error meesage '(0x8004060C) : 'Unknown error 0x8004060C'.

Hope someone can help me I'm not that savvy with all this.

Thanks very much in advance.

Hey there, I see you've marked this solved; could you post the resolution for future readers?

Thanks.

chris.

superlucky

Yeah sorry it was relatively straight forward in the end.

I had previously gone through my deleted mails box and cleared that out as I thought the pst file was full, and I archived my current mails and deleted a few more here and there with no results which is why I figured it wasn't a capacity issue.

It was only after I got rid rid of about 500 mails or so from current and archive folders that it started working again, so I guess hoarding e-mails just caught up with me.

I hope this is clear enough.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts