1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MS Outlook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Zeero, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zeero

Zeero Thread Starter

Hi, I am having problems with MS Outlook/XP. Some recipients are not receiving mail from me since I got a new PC and changed ISP. All mail is received no problem, and it's the same people who do not get my emails. Also I have to either type e mail addresses in or select from the address book, whereas on my old PC (outlook express) I just typed the first letter of a "nickname". If their is something I have missed let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Zeero.

2. sle

sle

Hi, Zeero. Two things come to mind.

1. Has your email changed w.your ISP (ie, from [email protected] to [email protected])? If the new ISP (y.com) is something like hotmail.com, many spam filters will automatically block it.
    2. Along the same lines, can you ask one of the non-receiving people to check their spam to see if that is where your email has ended up? That'll help narrow down the problem.

3. Zeero

Zeero Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. Yes my email changed. I use my isp's email ie. @aol.com. I'll try the spam thing and get back .

Thanks again.

4. sle

sle

Ok. (y) If that's the case, some of the emailees can likely ask their IT people to add your email ([email protected] not just @aol.com) to their "whitelist," so the spam filter knows it's not spam anymore.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329997

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice