1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MS Word Forms

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by timmycl_7, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timmycl_7

timmycl_7 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have created a form in MS Word and have encountered a problem. The form does not hold its structure. I have fields within the form which potentially could expand to multiple pages. At the moment though the field will only expand to a maximum of 1 page and one order to do this it seperates from the original structure of the form. Does anyone know a way around this? I used tables to create the structure of the form.

Regards
    Tim

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Is there a size limit for the data type on the field? I know most text data types limit it to 255~256 characters? Have you thought about Access Forms?

3. timmycl_7

timmycl_7 Thread Starter

Hi thanks for you help,

the text boxes are set to unlimited length, the problem is to do with the fact that I have used tables to set out the structure of the forms. I ran a trial without the table and this allowed me fill out detail for over a page.

Regards

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Have you tried breaking the tables apart and then seeing if you still had the issue?

What I mean by this is having one table before another within the document. So basically the whole document is sets of tables instead of one single table.

5. timmycl_7

timmycl_7 Thread Starter

I have got it now, what I did was create expandable border around the different text fields which still allowed the user to see the structure more clearly. Thanks for your help.

Regards

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice