1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MsAccess Running Sum

Discussion in 'Archive: Business Applications' started by glass90land, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. glass90land

glass90land Thread Starter

First how can I easily display tabular data in this forum

I am trying to build a database to record my climbing exploits. I want to keep a running sum of pitches and lengths like in the attachment (relevant data only shown - figures in brackets = what I get)

To do the running totals I have used running sum fields as follows

Num led by me Iif([led by]="me",1,0)
    This works

length Iif([led by]="me",[length],0)
    This does not work, the running sum is not kept as can be seen above.

If I change the field value (length), for a constant eg 6, a running sum is kept, If I just put in length as the source (without the Iif statement) it does not work. It just puts the value and not the running sum

What is going on please? Its driving me crackers :mad:

MS Access 2003 Window XP home

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP

Where in Access are you doing these calculations?

3. glass90land

I am doing the calculations in a report text box, following the example on the MSAccess help pages. Actually I have done it another way now, but would still like to know what is going on - Thanks:rolleyes:

4. OBP

OBP

Can you post a zipped copy of the database, less any "personal" data as an attachment.
    It would be best if you Compact & repair it first to reduce it's size.
    If we can't get the iif statements to work I can create you some simple VBA code to do it.

5. glass90land

Thanks for your interest, but I have erased the non-working boxes and used a query and it works now

Cheers Paul:)

6. MRdNk

MRdNk

Please mark thread as Solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice