Solved: MSCONFIG.exe will not work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moreproblems

Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me a clue why msconfig, typed with and without .exe will not work in "run?" I just get a beep and an error message, saying file can't be found. It *does* work if I type its full path where it resides, which in my case is C:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries, but I've never before typed all THAT in!

For over 10 years, since Windows 95 I think, I've just type in msconfig (I'm pretty sure without the exe) and it worked fine.

How can I tell the computer when I'm in RUN in the root directory, to look deeper for the file without all that typing? :) I've done full scans both with Spyware Dr and Norton; both complertely up todate. BTW, I'm runing XP home with SP-2

Thanks

"MoreProblems"
(Larry)

moreproblems

Hey Whitphil

Thanks a ton! It's back to normal (well as normal as Windows can be LOL)

Larry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online