Solved: msconfig in win2000?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

americamba

Hi friends,

My friend uses win2000 and has a very slow startup. I (I use win98) was helped by Techguy friends (for which I contributed) a while ago. They tipped me off to use Start>run>msconfig>startup and then to uncheck everything but essential elements.

It worked great and I wanted to do the same for my buddy but there is no msconfig in win2000. How do I get to the corresponding configuration file in this OS? thanks, Frank

americamba

Augie65 said:
MSCONFIG isn't included in Windows 2000. You can download and install it from this site.
MSCONFIG DOWNLOAD HERE. Put it in the c:\winnt\system32\ (c:\winnt\ works also) folder.
Thanks for your help about msconfig for 2000. Oddly enough, after trying to solve this for my friend, I tried to use msconfig myself (in win98) and I get the message "required DLL missing MFC42U.DLL". I know this is win2000 forum but since you were right on point, I thought I'd ask you what I should do about this. thanks, Frank

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online