1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Msimn error when composing e-mail in Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Icon, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icon

Icon Thread Starter

Hi everyone, new to the board and hope you can help.

I use Windows ME, have a Pentium III processor PC and use Outlook 6 (6.00.2800.1106 to be precise). Normally, no problems with any of it.

Just lately though, and seemingly at random, in the middle of replying to e-mails (Mails or NG messages), I get the following error message

MSIMN has caused an error in MSHTML.DLL

This application will now close

And indeed it does.

This is getting unbelievably frustrating as it can happen at any point in the writing, meaning I've lost more than a few e-mails just before I've finished them and have them this close to sending.

There's probably some horribly obvious thing I'm failing to do, but if anyone can offer any help here, I'd be terribly grateful!

Thanks for reading if nothing else, folks!

Icon

2. Miz

Miz

It's a known conflict with the Gator software so if you haven't downloaded Spybot, do so and run it to get rid of Gator and other spyware.

If spyware's not the problem, take a look at this page for possible help.

3. Icon

Icon Thread Starter

Dear Miz

Spot on!

I thought I was Gator free, but it had sneaked in with a download manager, which is now cheerfully uninstalled and my PC is Spybot free!

I've been using Lavasoft AdAware for checking such things, but it missed this, and Spybot will now be my weapon of choice!

Thank you most kindly for the swift response! :)

Icon

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/122898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice