1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Msn(2009) Shortcut Missing and I Can't Change/Remove It In Add/Remove Program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tjronek1, Feb 20, 2009.

?

Do you have Messenger Problems like me?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tjronek1

tjronek1 Thread Starter

Okay i had the standard version of windows live messenger 2009, then it said there was an update, so i updated it. I restarted my computer later that night because it was was going really slow. But this time i rebooted in Safe Mode W/ Networking. When i tried going to windows live messenger in Start Menu-->All Programs-->Windows Live-->Windows Live Messenger, The icon was there, but then i clicked it and it didn't work, so I went back to it and there was no Windows live messenger icon.

I have tried going to the folder of "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger" but there is no "msnmsgr.exe" THe shortcut is missing.

This happened before on my friends computer, but all i had to do was go to add/remove programs and go to the windows live essentials, but i tried taht on my computer, but when i click change/remove it will not do anything, but if i click it on any other program it shows up. Please Help me.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Tyler Ronek
    contact me at

2. tjronek1

tjronek1 Thread Starter

someone please help me!

3. rbalaji

rbalaji

Reinstall windows live messenger from scratch. Also, why are you trying to run it in safe mode? Safe mode is usually used only when windows does not boot up in normal mode.

4. tjronek1

tjronek1 Thread Starter

1. it wont let me uninstall it
    02. because it wouldnt work in regualr mode

5. tjronek1

tjronek1 Thread Starter

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

7. tjronek1

tjronek1 Thread Starter

okay thanks.. I did that and now messenger is working, but i have another problem with messenger ... when i try signing in .. i get this message.

"Signing into windows live messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Error Code: 80040154"

=/

8. tjronek1

tjronek1 Thread Starter

nvm.. i got it to work. Thank you very much Phantom. i am very glad.. If you want, you can hook me up on msn

9. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You're welcome!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/802848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice