1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MSN-Hotmail and messanger

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lori 1, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I have a question, when I had Win 98, I would turn my windows messenger on, so when I would get a new email, at my Hotmail address, a little window would pop up, in the right hand corner of my screen,above my messanger, that would tell me, I had a new hotmail email.

Since switching to XP, my messenger doesn't do this anymore. Does anyone know if there is any possible way to set, my windows messenger, to do like it did before with win98?{ show a pop up of new hotmail email}

I have done a lot of reading on this subject, and can't seem to find anything anywhere on this subject.

I am still doing setup on my computer, and trying to make it more like Win 98, I have been able to do this in some area's, but the question, I have above, I haven't been able to accomplish.

2. mike5532g

mike5532g

3. natcom

natcom

4. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Ahhh ok, Thank you both, I will reply back after I have checked out these links,
    Messanger was on my computer when I got it, and it looks like it is running 4.7, looks like I need a bigtime update huh'',lol or the New version. Geesh! you would think with a new computer, everything would be up to date.

5. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Sorry about all the PM's Mike, I was able to install 6.2 from natcom's Link. Thank you Both.

6. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I am assuming this messanger wrote over the 4.7 version.

7. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

:mad: Since I have downloaded the 6.2 messanger, I have had nothing but problems and errors. Getting pretty frustrated, I had this messanger on twice, was doing some other work,on here the messanger shut down, and I keep getting an error now everytime, including when, I try to start messanger. saying it can't get a connecton. Geesh :( I thought this was solved, nope just more problems.

8. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Error message, and when I click on the help I get a runtime error.

Attached Files:

9. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Lori,

I think the problem is with MSN Messenger. I just had a hard time logging in as well.

I checked their server status and it said this:

"The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later."

I'd give it awhile and try later. :)

10. pc_doctor

pc_doctor

Yep they are experiencing problems as they are doing updates to the server for the final version of msn 7

11. Cheeseball81

That's what I said above :p :p

12. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

That is sure good to know,lol that there having problems, or doing updates, so I know it's not my computer. I did get Recovery CD's made while waiting for a reply. Thanks much ; )

13. Cheeseball81

You're welcome :D

14. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Got it up and running now. : )

15. Cheeseball81

Excellent :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice