1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MSVCR90.dll is missing - Windows 7 | Giving me hell :@

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Dudeofthed, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dudeofthed

Dudeofthed Thread Starter

Just about some days ago, i decided to install TortoiseSvN on my Windows 7 RC 1 computer to upload to a project i am developing in on SourceForge.Net - which was a mistake (although, other users have had no problems with it). After installation, i required to restart, so i did. After that, Windows complained telling me that there were corrupt files, so i ran "chkdsk /f" and restarted. It completed quickly. I restarted AGAIN and ran the program i just installed, uh-oh, an error message appears stating: "The program can't start because MSVCR90.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.".

I googled and even binged to no avail! One Google result (there weren't that many) was relating to WinInet, a programming resource, from an MSDN post and stated that you just needed to clear the manifest (whatever that was, no idea), so thinking it was something to do with the registry or some backup file i downloaded, installed and ran CCleaner. Fixed all registry entries (made full backups) that CCleaner said was an "error" and did a junk clean.

I can start, but still getting the error, these programs:
    - CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 Architect
    - MSN Messenger

I can't start and get the error message with these programs:
    - Camtasia Studio
    - Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (with Delphi Prism)
    - TortoiseSvN

I've managed to locate some backups of this file by just searching my computer for it (using the in-built search, searching through "Computer"), and placed them the System32 and Windows directories, but the problem still persists.

Present: Problem still occurs, adding, removing and using synonym keywords in both Google and Bing. Can't find nothing :(

This is my last resort, hopefully someone has had this before and has fixed it :) Which is what i hope for :D

I might also add, that i think it may have something to do with Visual Studio 2008, just by looking at the file name: "MS VC R 90"

I also want to leave System Restore as my last resort :)

Thank in advance guys ;)

2. Dudeofthed

Topic Bump.

3. Dudeofthed

Don't worry, i did a system restore to a point just before the installation of TortoiseSvN and my computer is working fine again :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/832808

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice