1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: MSWord 2003 - Page #'s Incorrect - Help

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by NCWilson, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NCWilson

NCWilson Thread Starter

I have MSWord 2003. I have a document with four physical pages. When I click on a page, a bar on the bottom of the window (left corner) shows the page number and section. Something is wrong with the page numbers as follows:

1st page – shows Page 1 – this is okay (this page has 4 section)
    2nd page – shows Page 20 – this should show page 2??? – 2 sections on this page
    3rd page – shows Page 19 – this should show page 3??? – 2 sections on this page
    4th page – shows Page 20 – this should show page 4??? – 2 sections on this page

What is happening? How is this fixed?

2. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

First Name:
    Rosie
    Found this info in a previous Tech Support Guy
    topic. It may provide you with an answer.

Please reply back here.

Rosie

3. NCWilson

NCWilson Thread Starter

Rosie, I had previously checked out the thread you referenced. It does not deal with my stated problem since is deals with inserting page numbering rather the the page/section indicator at the bottom left of the window.

I eliminated the problem by starting a new document and then copying each original section (one at a time) to the new document. I checked the page/sections at the bottom of the window each time I inserted a section and updated the new document when the page/sections were correct. So, I now have a document which show pages 1-2-3-4 like it should be.

BTW - I also tried selecting the entire original document (which has the page problem) and then copy/past it into a new document. This resulted in the new document having the same page problem (i.e. pages 1-20-19-20).

This does not answer the reason for the original problem. But, it lets me move on with my work. I will now try inserting page numbers in the footers.

4. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

First Name:
    Rosie
    Glad you found a solution. I've never been real crazy about OO, having always used MS Word in the past. But, it's free so I can't complain. :)

You can mark this thread Solved now by clicking on the button at the top, left-side of your original post.

Rosie

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!