Solved: Multi account users - XP Home

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

swish59

Hi

Hope someone can help.
I have always just turned on my computer and it would not ask for any log in. For some reason it now turns on and logs in as Administrator (Computer Administrator). I how found in the Control Panel there is User Accounts. I click there and it shows Administrator (Computer Adminstrator), Compaq_Administrator and also Guest which of off.
I would like to know how to change the start up to log in directley to the Compaq_Adminstrator. I did not have to do any switching between the 2 before and would like to find out how to bypass all of that.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Microsoft Windons XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Hi swish59... Welcome to TSG

Open the Control panel and then User Accounts.

Under "Pick a Task", click "Change the way users log on and off". In the next window, check the "Use Welcome Screen" box. Click "Apply Options and exit. Reboot to see if it fixes your problem.

Raybro

swish59

No that did not work, still boot and logins to Administrator (Computer Administrator) not Compaq_Administrator.

Thanks

I just reread you original post and realized I missed that you have two accounts. One for Administrator and another for Compaq_Administrator. That's a whole different thing. I'm not familiar with how Compaq configures their User Accounts so I'm unable to advise you further. Just hang in and I'm sure someone else will provide you with the answer.

Raybro

Go to Start>run>type in control userpasswords2 enter>
On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box and then
click OK.In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user name and password for the account you want to be
logged on each time you start your computer eg ..Compaq_Administrator if you do not use a password for that account, leave that blank

joan

swish59

Thanks for trying,

The box next to Users Must Enter A User Name and Password To Use This Computer is clear, but there is not an Automatically Long On dialog box.

Thanks again

swish59

Yes I was able to get the log on automatic but still have not figured out how to get it to boot the the compaq_administrator account.

Edit - I think I know what you are now talking about.
Automatically Log On user name would be Compaq_admininstrator ( I think this is what needs to be done)

Now I need to find out how to get to the Auto Log On Screen

I was lying in bed last night thinking , have I read the question wrong, but reading it again, I hadn't.

I knew it was clear as mud for you
Glad your sorted!!

joan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online