Solved: multi dvd drive question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rbigg

I have a CANDY multi DVD drive-----a USB pluggable thing.

Good little unit, and handy.

Wouldn't ya know it, but I've lost the key the mfr supplies with it. I normally put key cards carefully in the box, and tape them in place. But, for some reason, I've lost this one.

I have a different computer, both run Windows XP. To plut the software for this on my 2nd computer-----you guessed it----I need the key.

I wrote to CANDY (a Taiwan firm), no response.

Is there anything to do? I wonder if this is a "throw it away" deal -- or ????

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Not sure what you mean here by 'key', please explain.

If it's to install some software the drive should just work in Windows, plug it in and see what happens.

rbigg

It's a big, long group of characters and letters that is needed to activiate your software.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Ok, did you try plugging it into the other computer ?

rbigg

I have to install the software before I do that. No key. You can't install the software on any machine without the key.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I know that but my point is if it's an ordinary Usb DVD enclosure it will work without any special software installed.

If it's a special type of device then that's a different story, can you provide a link or the full model details of it ?

rbigg

I did try plugging it in. Eureeka----and shame on me.... I didn't know it would work without the software. I used a CD that had lesson plans on it, and it worked on my computer--insofar as displaying goes. Haven't tried to copy, but it should.

I can at least use it without the software. I think it will do OK. Many thanks.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You're welcome, glad it's working ok.

(If all is well please mark this thread as solved by clicking on the 'Mark Solved' button' near the top of your page)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online